Christchurch Casino is seeking motivated individuals to join our team as Part Time or Casual Security & Customer Care Officers. You will be responsible for providing security and protection for our guests, employees and company property. In this role you will carry out a range of customer service tasks and security activities including, entry screening, crowd control, roving patrols, administering basic first aid, you will also need to be able to react professionally and rationally in pressure situations.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A valid Ministry of Justice COA – essential
- Excellent customer service skills and previous door experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in conflict resolution, tact, diplomacy and negotiating skills
- Integrity and a strong work ethic
- The ability to work unsupervised and at the same time contribute positively to a team
- An ability to work in a structured and regulated environment
Flexibility, reliability and commitment are essential. Primarily the shifts available will be Friday and Saturday evenings/nights, however there may be the opportunity to work additional shifts during the week.
This is a licensed position within the Christchurch Casino and requires a Certificate of Approval (COA).
You will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 20 years of age
- Clean police record
- Be a NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Or hold a current and valid Open Work Permit – please note if you hold a work permit, a translated clear police certificate from your home country is required for the COA. You must also have no less than 12 months remaining on your visa
Christchurch Casino is committed to its staff; here are some of the benefits we can offer you:
- Security training certification at an internationally recognised level
- First aid training certification
- Advanced Host Responsibility training
- Free staff meals in our canteen
- Electronics charging station and reading room
- Paid breaks
- Uniform – provided and laundered for you each shift
- Personal locker and changing/shower facilities
- Free night-time staff shuttle ride home and discounted car parking
- Discounted food and beverages in the Casino bars and restaurants
- Employee social club with regular events and draws
- Personal development and career opportunities in an exciting, ever-changing industry
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, please apply online with your CV and Cover Letter to Amber Aynsley, Human Resources Coordinator.